Wednesday 27 August 2008

Alt trouble

Still spending far too much time playing LotrO.
After playing a human burglar up to level 19, I finally succumbed to the temptation of rolling another character - a hobbit minstrel. Then after a few days playing that character, I realized that I prefer hobbits to big folks, so I started playing my year old level 21 hobbit burglar, and I have ditched the human.

I see playing the human as a good training exercise, getting me back up to speed with all my burglar skills, but still...

Now I keep having the problem that half the time when I am playing one hobbit, I am sort of wishing I was playing the other. I have a real problem with alts, it is just too tempting to try out a different set of skills and equipment. Even in single player games like Morrowind, I end up starting several characters, and losing focus on progress. Thank goodness for party based single player games. 

I have already narrowed down my Warhammer character choices to three, which is still alot, but was hard work. Speaking of Warhammer, EU pre-order open beta partners are finally announced tomorrow.

No comments: