Sunday 17 August 2008

Level 1

Currently my gaming habits are in a curious limbo. My on again/off again relationship with World of Warcraft is in a 'let's have some time apart' phase. I cannot imagine getting sucked back in, but I have felt that way in the past and somehow ended up completely hooked again, so who knows?

Mainly I am patiently awaiting Warhammer Online. Hopefully the NDA will drop this week and the internet will be filled with interesting info. I will be playing the game in about a month (hopefully earlier, depending on the open beta / head start situation ), and I am thinking of a stand in MMO to play while I wait. 

I have been toying with the idea of heading back to Everquest 2. I spent a month or so exploring Norath as part of Sony's cunning Living Legacy promotion, and the is much that appeals to me in the game. The main problem is a common one when investigating MMOs that have been around for a while - I just feel like I am too late to the party. It is hard to find you feet in a world where pretty much all the other players are deeply involved in the higher end content, or are alts who know the game inside and out. I am still tempted by the idea though.

The other game that had been tempting me for some reason is Final Fantasy XI. I have played FF XI for about 3 months on and off over the last 3 years, and I know it is a big grind, and I know that the low level zones can feel very empty (or at least they did on my server), but still I am getting this terrible urge to log in, to the extent that I am currently patching the damn thing on my PC. 


No comments: