Tuesday 14 October 2008

Blown up!

So, much sooner into my new Eve career than I expected, I had my chunky old Vexor destroyed by a filthy pirate scumbag in an asteroid field. This was my first taste of Eve pvp, and I was feeling slightly dazed by the whole experience, mostly because it never occurred to me that I was in the sort of space that these things happen. A mighty slap to the face. I was in the final stages of a very heated battle with an npc pirate leader, out in a remote part of 0.4 security space, when suddenly a very large looking player ship arrived, flashing red. Soon I was targeted and watching my shields go down at an alarming rate, and of course the were jamming my warp drives. (Is there any way of escaping from this?) I tried to run away, but the Vexor is such a clunker, I didn't really have a chance. Also factor in the general sense of panic and "What do I do? What do I do?" Turns out what I can do is watch my beloved ship (named Fat Duck) blow up. I zoomed away in my pod, docked at the nearest station and sighed. So that's what it feels like, I suppose. I am not sure of the etiquette involved in these situations. I checked my combat log, found the name of the player and added them to my 'friends' list, in a special new folder I made entitled Grudges. Perhaps one day I shall have my revenge, who knows.

So now I am flying around in my smaller faster ship, salvaging wrecks and killing a few npcs in asteroid belts. I have enough money to replace Fat Duck (Fat Duck II), but I am not sure how I feel about another Vexor. Maybe it will be a good mission running ship, but I really feel that speed is important, particularly after my pirate run in. I shall spend some time harvesting wrecks and looking into my options.

No comments: