Thursday 30 October 2008

Difused

The overwhelming power that an MMO can have on my gaming time is still a curious thing to me. World of Warcraft was the first MMO that did this to me. I had played a fair amount of MMOs prior to WoW, but it was the first that totally sucked me in and took over my gaming life. (as a brief aside, I just joined a kinship in Lord of the Rings online, at this precise moment. Wonder where THAT is going to end up?). Lately I have not really had a main MMO to get my teeth into. I had hoped that would be Warhammer, but the joy really seems to be draining from that game to me. Still not given up, but it is certainly on the back burner. I am trying to stay away from World of Warcraft. There is so much that annoys me there now, though it is also extremely comforting and familiar, I fear it muchly. My brief time there last week felt like falling off the wagon, and I am glad to be free again. Lord of The Rings online is keeping me pleasantly occupied, but I feel I am dabbling in it, not sure if I have put down any roots as such.

So it has been very refreshing to be playing other games, and not be totally obsessed with one. I am still enjoying Wizardry 8 hugely, it really is everything I want out of a CRPG. I have also been dabbling a bit in Wizardry 7, which I have never got too far in, but I love it dearly, there is a particular mood to the Wizardry games which is unique and which I have a great soft spot for.

Also, I have spent a fair bit playing Fable 2, and so far I can say that it feels like everything I had hoped Fable 1 would be. It is such a rich, believable world, I have been happily exploring and taking it all in, so far so wonderful.

And then tomorrow I shall pick up Fallout 3, really looking forward to some post apocalyptic shenanigans.

No comments: