Wednesday 8 October 2008

Space is deep and space is endless

It's only been a day, but so far the Eve / Warhammer experiment is going well. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours in Warhammer Online, doing some scenarios with my engineer and ploughing through a few quests with my rune priest. I also spent an hour or so in Eve, getting used to the interface and controls again mostly, but also transferring money and goods from an older character I have there to a new one. I decided to start fresh, rather than try to pick up where I left off, so it is nice to have a bit of a head start. I even have a fancy looking ship, which I should be able to fly in ooooh, about 30 hours time. There is a curious passive nature to Eve gameplay at times. There is of course the skill training system, in which skills train in real time, whether you are logged in or not. But extended travel through the galaxy, big mining sessions or similar activities make it a game which it is quite easy to play while you are doing something else. And I sort of love that about it.

No comments: